Erasmus trip to Montserrat (CANCELLED)
(Cancellation by Covid-19: you will have a full refund if restrictions or travel ban apply, so you can book now without risk)
Departure at 09:00 from Plaza Espanya between the 2 towers and return around 18:00.
Montserrat is a multi-peaked mountain located near the city of Barcelona.It is part of the Catalan Pre-Coastal Range.
Montserrat is a mountain that astonishes you the moment you see it, for it is so different from all others.
The Montserrat monastery is a must visit for everyone who considers thyself a true Catalonia or is interested in the history and culture of Catalonia.
PRICE: 17€ per person. (15€ at our App, coupon: app2020)
- Studentfy card: 10€ per person (Get your card here)
- Group discount: 12€ per person (group of 5 students)
- Private bus.
- Guide from Barcelona Trips to stay with you during the trip.
- Food / Drinks.
Erasmus to Montserrat, 13 Dic. 2020
Out of stock
- 09:00: Departure from Plaza Espanya.
- 09:15: buses move! BE ON TIME!
- 10:45: Arrive at Montserrat. The Buses will stop on the parking area in front of the Monastery.
- 10:45 till 11:00 : We will give you the map of Montserrat, explain to you the area, give you some recommendations to enjoy this trip.
- 11:00: We will walk through the mountains till the highest peaked, it's name Sant Jeroni (1236 m).
- 13:00: Lunch time in a nice area between the mountains.
- 14:00: We will walk down again, to the Montserrat monastery.
- 15:00: We will enter the monastery, where we will see the Virgin of Montserrat, and we will be able to touch her!
- 17:00: bus move from Montserrat.
- 18:30: Arrive in Barcelona.
◆ ◆ Recommendations ◆ ◆
- Try to wear comfortable clothes,sport shoes.
- It will be some restaurants there,but a bit expensive! So you can bring with you food and drinks, etc.BOOK NOW!
History of the City
- Montserrat is a multi-peaked mountain range near Barcelona, in Catalonia, Spain. It is part of the Catalan Pre-Coastal Range. The main peaks are Sant Jeroni (1,236 m), Montgrós (1,120 m) and Miranda de les Agulles (903 m). It is well known as the site of the Benedictine abbey, Santa Maria de Montserrat, which hosts the Virgin of Montserrat sanctuary.
- Montserrat literally means "saw mountain" in Catalan. It describes its peculiar aspect with multitude of rock formations which are visible from a great distance. The mountain is composed of strikingly pink conglomerate, a form of sedimentary rock. Montserrat was designated as a National Park in 1987.
- The highest summit of Montserrat is called Sant Jeroni (Saint Jerome) and stands at 1,236 meters (4,055 feet) above sea-level. It is accessible by hiking trails which connect from the top entrance to the Sant Joan funicular, the monastery, or the base of the mountain. The Cavall Bernat 1,111 meters (3,645 feet) is an important rock feature popular with climbers.